Toshiba Aquilion ONE 320 Slice gives you the following benefits:
Faster results, lower dose
• Technology designed to improve patient care through new clinical examinations, with lower contrast medium dose and exposure dose.
• Technology that enables faster and more accurate diagnosis
What to Expect for Your CT
• For the sake of image clarity, you may be asked to wear a gown and remove all jewelry and other metallic items.
• A contrast agent is sometimes used to make specific parts of the body more distinguishable. Administered through a small IV, the contrast agent may create a slight warming sensation.
• Once the exam begins, the examination table will move slowly into position inside the scanner’s donut-shaped opening. While you lay on the table, the scanner will use a detector rotated around your body to create a sequence of cross-sectional images called "slices". The computer then uses these slices to reconstruct 3-dimensional images of the inside of the body.
•"Throughout the scan you will be asked to remain still and may be asked to hold your breath for short periods of time. A video or audio coaching system will help guide you through the exam process.