GE LightSpeed Plus Overview
The LightSpeed Plus CT system is a whole body, multi-slice helical CT scanner capable of scan speeds as fast as .5 second full 360-degree rotation scans, while acquiring multiple slice in a single scan rotation. The system is designed to produce optimum image quality with fully simultaneous scan, image reconstruction, filming, archiving, networking, and display. This scanner was made possible by design for Six Sigma methodology.
- Full 360 degree rotation speeds of 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1, 2, 3, and 4 seconds.
- Faster scan times enable shorter breath holds, more comfortable exams, and a reduced occurrence of rescans due to patient motion during the exam.
- Routine scanning with image thickness selections at or below 1.25mm – optimizing lesion detection and facilitating the use of thinner images for volume presentations.
- Lower dose 2 x .625 mm mode that allows both axial and helical acquisitions.
- Reduced partial volume artifacts.
- Four fundamental scan modes simplify multi-slice helical scanning.
- Standard set for 30 clinically proven protocols and the ability to customize up to 300 total.
- Built in breathing lights.
- Gantry: Advanced slip ring design continuously rotates generator, tube, detector and data acquisition system around the patient.
- Aperture: 70cm
- Tilt Speed: 1 degree/second
- Focus to detector: 95cm
- Focus to Isocenter: 54cm
- Maximum SFOV: 50cm
- Varispeed rotational speeds: 360 degree in 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 seconds
- Remote tilt from Operators console
- Integrated breathing lights and countdown timer
- Integrated start scan button with countdown to x-ray on