The Hologic Selenia Dimensions mammography machine is based on a proprietary DirectRay digital detector
Hologic Selenia Dimensions Overview
The Selenia full field digital mammography system is based on our proprietary, amorphous selenium DirectRay digital detector, which preserves image quality by using amorphous selenium to directly convert x-rays to electronic signals, without first converting them to light. This direct conversion process preserves image sharpness by eliminating light diffusion.
The Selenia product family has a number of other features designed to improve image quality and patient throughput. The open architecture of the system’s design provides for full integration with existing enterprise Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (“PACS”) and Radiology Information Systems (“RIS”). Recent additions to the Selenia product line include the development of the Selenia S digital mammography system, a product specifically designed for the screening mammography facility or mobile environment, and a new tungsten x-ray tube option which, when used in combination with a special silver filter, allows images to be acquired at a lower dose without compromising the image quality.
- Selenia® uses selenium based direct capture technology. This eliminates light diffusion completely for perfect clarity and exquisite image quality.
- Selenia incorporates our patented HTC® grid technology that delivers higher contrast images by significantly reducing radiation scatter without increasing dose.
- A tungsten x-ray tube with rhodium and silver filters reduces radiation dose to the patient while maintaining the superb image quality and contrast of Selenia images.
- The Selenia acquisition workstation features a thoughtful user interface, and intuitive display screens giving you more time to focus on the patient. Every Selenia image you see is enhanced with intelligent processing.
- Images that can be instantly viewed on a 2 MP or 3MP DICOM-calibrated display, providing exceptionally fine detail.
- Allows prior breast imaging studies to be recalled, making it possible to view new and prior images side-by-side.
Optimized face shield:
- Retractable to help when positioning patients.
- Stationary during 3D™ imaging, allowing patients to be positioned as they are for 2D imaging.
FAST Paddle system:
- Conforms to natural contours of the breast, providing greater comfort to the patient and more even compression across the entire breast.
- All paddles used for 2D and 3D™ imaging.
Streamlined tube head:
- Streamlined tube head and ample Source-to Image Distance (SID) of 70 cm, making positioning easier and providing more space for interventional procedures.
Related Mammography Machines