The price of a CT Scanner primarily depends on whether you purchase from the primary or secondary market. CT scanners have a 20% depreciation rate, so experienced buyers will typically shop for a deal in the secondary market first. This article will break down the cost of used and refurbished CT machines.
There are few things to consider when it comes to the price:
- Slice count: As you can imagine, the more slices a CT can acquire, the higher the cost of the CT unit. The type of studies done in your institution will determine the number of slices needed on the CT scanner. For example, Institutions that concentrate on cardiac studies will require at least 64 slice units. Neural and GI studies will require more slices.
- Delivery and Installation: These items are usually included with the price of the CT Scanner as a turnkey solution, unless customer requirements are different.
- Warranty: Turnkey solutions will usually include a warranty. In most cases it is the option preferred by the customer, and it can be for 3, 6 or 12 months. But it also can be negotiated to not include any warranty and therefore the price can be lower.
- Other considerations: Many companies have other packages available for purchase such as: service plans, applications training, and ancillary equipment (ECG machines and injectors). These additional features and contracts can increase the cost of a CT machine.
Download our Free CT Scanner Guide and get complete information on:
- CT Scanner Overview
- The CT Scan Procedure & Risks
- Types of CT Scanners
- Economic Considerations
- Tips for Purchasing a CT Scanner
- CT Site Planning
- CT Scan Radiation
Check with your Biomedical engineering and imaging team to determine the best package for your institution. Extended warranties and service contracts can greatly reduce the cost of repairs and replacement of parts.
Guide for the price of a CT Scanner:
- 16 Slice basic CT Scanner capabilities: $80K – $120K
- 64 Slice cardiac CT Scanner capabilities: $120K – $180K
- 128+ Slice rich features CT Scanner: $200K – $300K