If you’re worried about claustrophobic or antsy patients, the Stand Up Fonar MRI may just be the best bet for you. In terms of imaging quality, Stand Up MRI’s are just as good as 1.5T scanners. In fact, if you looked at an image made by a Stand Up MRI and put it next to an image made by a 1.5T, you wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference.
With a Stand Up MRI, your entire body can be scanned with the normal weight of the body on the spine and other joints, which in turn lead to a more accurate diagnosis.
During the scan, the patient will simply walk in, sit down, and may even be provided a T.V. to get their mind off of imaging procedure at hand.
The Fonar Upright MRI offers radiation free monitoring, which is a comfort to many. It can also scan children who sit in their mother’s lap, and this requires no anesthesia. Overweight patients will also find comfort in the Stand Up MRI.
The greatest benefit it offers, however, is the opportunity to recreate the body positions that patients might feel pain, revealing causes of injury that might be undetected on regular MRI scanners.
Full benefits of the Stand Up MRI include:
- Scans patients in flexion, extension, rotation, and lateral bending.
- Scans patients with the weight of the body on the spine and other supporting joints.
- Scans patients in sitting positions.
- Scans cardiovascular patients upright in their position of symptoms.
- Scans patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency in the upright position of symptoms.
- An unobstructed view from inside the magnet. There is nothing in front of the patient’s face.
A Stand Up MRI machine can be a vital addition to your medical facility and gives an extra option for many patients. If you are considering a Fonar Stand Up MRI, give one of our professionals a call or contact them here.