Two of the best 1.5T MRI systems to consider right now are the GE SIGNA 1.5T Echospeed PLUS and the Philips 1.5T INTERA-Pulsar. I discussed them with our MRI systems expert, Nathan Welch, and this is what he had to say.
The GE SIGNA 1.5T Echospeed PLUS and the Philips 1.5T INTERA-Pulsar MRI are similar in many ways, such as both giving you the ability to perform all scans and fulfill any requirements from referring physicians. Both can also be used in a variety of clinical environments; such as medical group practices, outpatient diagnostic imaging centers, and high volume radiology departments.
In addition, both MRI systems are readily available, so the initial acquisition price is very affordable, and they both have low life-cycle costs which will provide an excellent return-on-investment. Here are some key details of each system:
GE Signa 1.5T Echospeed PLUS
- CXK4-LCC Short-Bore Magnet
- ACGD (33mt/120ms Slew) Gradient Driver
- 4-Channel Array RF System
- ScanTools productivity user interface
- Standard Coil Configuration: QD Head, NeuroVascular Array, CTL Array, Shoulder Array, Extremity/Knee, Small & Large GP Flex and TMJ Device
- F2000 Short-Bore Magnet
- Pulsar (33mt/80ms Slew) Gradient Driver
- SYNERGY 6-Channel Array RF System
- SENSE Parallel Imaging Technology
- Standard Coil Configuration: SENSE Head, SYNERGY NeuroVascular, SENSE Body, QD Knee, SENSE Flex Medium, C1, C3 and C4 Loop Coils
As you can see, both 1.5 tesla MRI systems have short-bore magnets, and a full complement of coils. The differences include a 120ms slew versus a 80ms slew, and 4-channel versus 6-channel array RF systems. During the decision process, one must consider that the GE SIGNA has the largest user base in the world, and a Wide Dual-Flared Bore perfect for patient comfort, and dockable table that allows for patient preparation and transportation outside the exam room.
The Philips 1.5T INTERA-Pulsar MRI also has a friendly patient environment for enhanced comfort and SENSE Parallel Imaging Technology for increased throughput.
Doing full research on 1.5T MRI systems, and comparing and contrasting between different manufacturers and models, is ideal in choosing the machine that is right for your practice and your patients. We want you to know that you can rely on Amber Diagnostics to assist you with any questions that you may have, so feel free to call us at 1-888-561-7900.