As you purchase your next C-Arm, the question of radiology regulations for lead shielding may arise. To know what type of shielding is needed, if any, it is wise to research radiation protection policies and radiology regulations for your state, where in the building your C-Arm will be located, and whether your C-Arm unit will be moving or remain stationary. It is a good idea to have a physicist evaluate your site and make knowledgeable recommendations.


Below are radiology health department links for each state, which is a good starting point to attain information and documents. Do note that not all states require shielding, and not all states provide specific information about shielding on their website.


Posted by:

John Brant (JB)
Sales Manager


© 2015 *All rights reserved by Amber Diagnostics Inc.