The GE Discovery LS is a whole-body 4 Slice PET/CT Scanner provides perfect registered and fused anatomical and functional images.
GE Discovery LS Overview
The GE Discovery LS provides perfect registered and fused anatomical and functional images for optimal treatment planning and follow-up. It is an affordable and very reliable option to introduce PET/CT imaging and its superior clinical usage into your department or clinic.
The GE Discovery LS provides perfect registered and fused anatomical and functional images for optimal treatment planning and followup.
Using GE’s PET Advance NXi functionality, the Discovery assesses the body’s chemical or physiological changes that often precede anatomical changes visible in CT or MR.
The Advance NXi within the GE Discovery LS ensures the highest 2D and 3D sensitivity, full-field uniformity of resolution and high count rate capability.
A refurbished, used GE Discovery LS is an affordable and very reliable option to introduce PET/CT imaging and its superior clinical usage into your department or clinic.
Discovery LS Gantry
• Dimensions: Height x Width x Depth: 208.3 x 235 x 205 cm (82 x 92.5 x 81 in)
• Weight: 4,581 kg (10,100 lb)
• Patient port diameter: 60 cm (PET), 70 cm (CT)
• Patient Positioning: Triple laser
• Transmission source: Attenuation correction using CT and/or Ge-68 pin sources
• Ring diameter: 93 cm
• # of crystals: 12096
• Crystal composition: BGO
• Crystal size: 4 x 8 x 30 mm
• Axial fov: 152 mm
• Number of crystals per pmt (# of rings): 18/dual-anode PMT (9/anode)
• System sensitivity: 200,000 (2-D), 1,150,000 (3-D) cps/µCi/cc
• Scatter fraction: 10% (2-D), 35% (3-D)
• Maximum count rate, cps @ 50% dead time: 425,000 cps @ 160 kBq/mL (2-D), 410,000 cps @ 26 kBq/ml
• Operating temp range: 18.3-24 Celsius (65-75 Fahrenheit)
• Relative humidity: 30-60 %
• Cooling: 31,000 btu/hr (minimum); no water chilling required
• Numeric display of count rate and elapsed time, dual operator controls on each side of gantry, footswitch
for scan start, wide array of patient positioning accessories
• Additional analysis workstations, AP nodes, and raw data memory
• 4.6 GB MOD
• Laser printer
• ECG synchronizer
• ECG strip-chart reader
• Color printer
• Flat tabletop for RT
• Gammex Laser lights
Discovery LS Patient Table
• Vertical motion: 56-102 cm
• Horizontal motion: 160 cm (200 cm optional)
• Head support: Fixed offset headholder
• Arm support: Yes
• Max.patient weight capacity: 180 kg (400 lb) with 0.25 mm positional accuracy
• Acquisition CPU: Sun UltraSPARC dual, 450 MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM (PET), SGI Octane, 1-2 MIPS CPU with 2
MB cache, 64-bit microprocessor, single/dual r12000A processor with direct 3-D option (CT)
• Storage media/size: More than 1 GB storage38 GB HD (PET), 1.5 GB HD (CT)
• Array Processor: PowerPC 750 nodes, 4 G3 nodes standard
• Image processor: SGI VPRO V12-DCD Graphics Engine with 128 MB SDRAM Storage media/size: More than
1 GB storage36 GB root/database, 12 GB DAT; 4.6 GB MOD
• Display: 21-inch tilt/swivel high-resolution color
• Printing options: DICOM color printer
• Acquisition possibilities: 2-D and 3-D, static, dynamic, whole body, gated, transmission, 4-D respiratory
Installation Requirements for the Discovery LS
• Minimum room size: 3.9 x 7.1 m (13 x 23.5 ft)
• DICOM 3.0 Compatible: YesPET IOD storage as SCP/SCU, CT IOD storage as SCP, MRI IOD storage as SCP,
DICOM print as SCU, DICOM secondary capture as SCP/SCU
• Power Needed: 380-480 VAC nominal, 3-phase, 50/60 Hz
• CardIQ Fusion for CTA and PET Perfusion display and analysis
• 5-Beat Cardiac
• CT/PET fusion
• Advantage 4-D for CT gating
• SimMD for multimodality simulation
• Lung VCAR
• Cortex ID for neurology studies
• 1 cm rad, statny: 4.8 (Transaxial fwhm)
• 10 cm rad, statny: 5.4 (6.2 @ 20 cm) (Detector Performance)
• 1 cm radius: 4 (Axial fwhm)
• 10 cm radius: 5.4 (Detector Performance)
Other – GE Discovery LS
• Energy resolution: 20%
• FDA Clearance: Yes
• CE MARK (MDD): Yes
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
Give us a call!
Our equipment specialists are ready to help you.