Choosing to upgrade your x-ray system to wireless x-ray is a big step for your facility. But is it right for you? There are plenty of pros and cons when it comes to wireless, so it’s best to do your research before you take the dive. Hopefully the below will help in your decision making process when it comes to wireless x-ray.
Let’s get these out of the way first, shall we?
- Accidents: While portable is usually assumed to be “accident-free”, accidents may still occur with dropped equipment or panels. It’s important to make sure your technicians are extra careful handling wireless x-ray systems to avoid these mishaps.
- Cost: Expense will obviously be a concern when switching to wireless x-ray systems. Since their technology is more advanced than their wired counterparts, they will be more costly. However, many facilities find that the value of the wireless x-ray system justifies its price tag.
- Connectivity: Ah, a common problem with technology today. Portable, wireless x-ray devices may experience dull spots in connectivity in your office, and other signals may interfere with it as well. This will always be a risk when going wireless, but most find it’s worth it.
Request Pricing Today!
We’re here to help! Simply fill out the form to tell us a bit about your needs. We’ll contact you to set up a conversation so we can discuss how we can best meet your needs. Thank you for considering us!
Great support & services
Save time and energy
Peace of mind
- Portability: An obvious pro, but one that needs to be cited nonetheless. While portable x-ray systems may become a con in clumsy hands, most of the time portability only adds to their value due to the unlimited flexibility and movement garnered to your office.
- Image Convenience: We all want more convenience in our workflow, and portable, wireless x-ray provides this in spades. The x-ray images will always be on the go with you and your wireless machine, so there’ll be no worries about going back and forth to a singular stationary viewing place, as with wired.
- Accident Risk Lowered: Unless you drop the wireless x-ray device, your accident level should stay exponentially lower than offices with wired x-ray devices. Tripping on cables in the x-ray room is an extremely common issue, and one you simply won’t have to worry about with wireless.
Which way are you leaning on wireless x-ray? We understand it’s a complicated decision making process, but you don’t have to go at it alone. Let our dedicated Amber experts talk you through any concerns you may be having about wireless x-ray, or any of the other refurbished imaging systems we have available. Contact us to get started!